Who can apply for funding under SECAT?

What is SECAT?



FAQ - SECAT by the numbers

Who can apply?

What technologies are eligible?

How does the program work?


Contact Us

Comments about SECAT are welcomed here.

There are two major requirements:

1) Any individual, company or public agency may apply to receive incentive funds under SECAT. A contract will be required, and you must own the vehicle yourself, or be able to enter into a binding contract with the person or organization that does own or control the vehicles. The contract commits the owner or controller of the vehicles to carry out the actions you describe in your proposal.

2) Projects must reduce emissions from on-road motor vehicles in the Sacramento Federal Nonattainment Region, outlined in the map below. The Region includes:
  • All of Sacramento County
  • All of Yolo County
  • The eastern part of Solano County
  • Placer County to the ridge of the Sierras
  • El Dorado County to the ridge of the Sierras
  • The southern part of Sutter County
David Young, SACOG, Senior Planner, phone: 916.733.3232 e-mail:
Tom Swenson, SMAQD, Program Coordinator, phone: 916.874.4889
For questions about the Site please contact